Friday, May 22, 2009

What the Savior saw

"[As the Savior] hung upon the cross and looked out over the dark scene, he saw more than mocking soldiers and cruel taunters. He saw more than crying women and fearful friends. He saw more, much more. He... saw through the stream of time. His... loving soul encompassed all eternity and took in all people and all sins and all forgiveness and all everything. Yes,he saw down to you and to me and provided us an all-encompassing opportunity to escape the terrible consequences of death and sin."
—John H. Groberg - Ensign, May 1989
_____________________________
What language shall I borrow to thank Thee, dearest friend,
For this Thy dying sorrow, Thy pity without end?
O make me Thine forever, and should I fainting be,
Lord, let me never, never outlive my love to Thee.
~Bernard of Clairvaux 1091-1153~

1 comment:

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx