Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just for Fun

"Sacrament meeting was about to begin and a mother couldn't find her son. She searched everywhere and finally located him sitting outside on the curb with his head in his hands. She said "Son, we have to go in now. Sacrament is about to start." He responds, "I can't go in there, Mom. Nobody likes me. No one will talk to me." She says "But son, you have to go back in....You're the Bishop."

This was the opening remark by Sister Roche, the Washington D.C. temple matron, at the last Wilmington, N.C. Stake conference.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! It reminds me that we all feel that way from time to time. It doesn't matter who we are or what our calling is, we still feel alone and sometimes lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what Enoch at first said when he was asked by the Lord to bring the people to repentance.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you have a brilliant day!!

Welcome! Feel free to share anything on here, but if sharing please link back to the blog post & 'Spiritually Speaking Printable' images are free for personal use, with no commercial purposes, as they are COPYRIGHTED and may NOT be altered without my written permission. xx